subproject 5: Lustia Project Management
The mission is adjust, direct and optimize the use of resourses in the
The mission will be fulfilled:
1) by annual planning and a MS-Excel-based real-time project table
that helps in adjusting the functions of the project between the
2) by making at the end of each year an analysis about the results of
the project and writing a critical report to be used as the planning
material of the next year.
3) by arranging training for the project personnel.
4) by arranging evaluative meetings with the network companions
and adapting the useful recommendations
5) by establishing joint projects with other tree-ring laboratories.
Figure. Most of the dendrochronological research in Metla has been done under Professor Kari Mielikäinen's (right, left Mauri Timonen) lead. Here an over 4000 years old subfossil log, excavated from the muddy bottom layer of lake Koierijärvi, is being sampled. All the specimen like this will be archived in the databases and storerooms of Lustia.